Thursday, April 5, 2012

YOU Have the Power to Make a Difference

Often times, people doubt that they have the power to make an impact in this world.  When talking to people about The Kindness Campaign, one of the most important things I discuss is that each and every person has the power to make a positive difference in the lives of others.

Every person can make small differences, brightening someone's day.  How many times per day do you walk by a complete stranger and smile at them? Hold the door for them? These gestures may seem small and unimportant, however, they have more power than you believe. If I am having a bad day and I come accross someone who is truly and genuinely kind and happy, my day is automatically better. I make a conscious effort to be kind to others because seeing someone smile and say thank you for my kind gesture makes me happy that I have helped someone else. Making someone's day can be so simple. Small acts of kindness add up and you are truly making a difference!

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment